Completing Units of Competency within the Advanced Diploma of Underground Coal Mining Management
MSIA places accredited unit of competency courses on the training Calendar on this website.
Through MSIA, it is also possible to complete units of competency, via correspondence. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on the units of competency within the Advanced Diploma of Underground Coal Mining Management.
MSIA provides the subject matter expertise, support and assistance with each unit. All communication is through MSIA.
For RIIRIS601D [old G3] and RIIWHS601D [old G7, RIIHOS] Workshops Please visit the MSIA Workshop Calendar. To enrol, advise the name, job title, mobile number, and email address of the participant who wishes to complete the unit and email this information through to MSIA email@example.com, or enrol through your company training portal. Please indicate whether you would like an invoice which will be paid by Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, direct debit or whether you will requisition a purchase order, then scan and email the PO to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To complete other units of competency, please give MSIA a call.
Statutory Competencies for Mining Engineers
If you have your Mining Engineering Degree, the Board of Examiners require Mining Engineers to complete the following to obtain:
- First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency for Underground Coal Mine
- Second Class Mine Manager's Certificate
- Deputy Certificate
MSIA can help you obtain the following units of competency:
- RIIRIS601D Establish and maintain the risk management system
- RIIMCU601D Establish and maintain the spontaneous combustion management plan
- RIIERR602D Establish and maintain underground coal mine emergency preparedness and response systems
- RIIMCU605D Establish and maintain the inrush management plan